This week I’m thankful for…
- my grade level partners who always have my back
- parents of current and former students who intrinsically seem to know when I need to hear that I’m doing a good job
- our school librarian for saying I’m the perfect teacher for my most challenging student
- my husband for encouraging me to always listen to my heart when it comes to doing what is best for children
- my sixth grade student TA who looked at our dragonfly nymphs and said “Isn’t it amazing that something so ugly turns into something so beautiful?” Exactly.
- dates with my mom
- The Sound of Music, which always makes me tear up at least a little, especially at the lyric “I go to the hills when my heart is lonely.”
- reading solely for the pleasure of it
- lazy Saturdays when I
readnap and Terry watches baseballnaps, too
- warm rain that compels Terry to usher me outside to smell it
- the small window each week wherein all the laundry is washed and put away and the laundry hamper is empty
- walking home from church under a sky of thunderheads that held off the rain long enough for me to make it home
- the little boy who brought his skateboard in as his “Mostest special thing, ever, in the world. Ever.”
- my darling former student who brought her bunny by after school so I could “finally meet him”. Henry the Bunny is now my favorite bunny. Although chocolate bunnies are a close second.
- this clip from 365grateful.com
3 thoughts on “Thankful Thursday #21”
I like the smell of the approaching rain, but can’t find words to describe it because it’s like- and there is no like.
I love dates with your Mom, too.
Chris, I’m glad to hear that!