Dear 16 Year Old Me,
If I had the ability to travel back in time, here are some things I’d tell you:
- Don’t worry about the fact that you are flat chested. This actually turns out to be a good thing later in life. No, really.
- Being tall is way better than you think.
- A magical electronic device called the flat iron will take care of that whole nest of curls you fight every morning.
- Your “summer boyfriend” will become your best friend, your husband, the love of your life. You are at the beginning of a wonderful love story.
- Call your Grandma. You’ll be glad you did.
- The top of the old water tower outside of Tijuaua will become one of your favorite places of all time. Take a picture of the view. You’ll wish you could remember it in sharper detail when you’re older.
- You are stronger than you think, but it’s okay to let your guard down once in a while.
- You will be an athlete. It’s okay that you don’t believe me. Sometimes I don’t believe it either.
- Your life will have some moments like this:
(Sorry, but birds hate you. Just accept the fact that they poop on you now and again.)
- But most of your life will be like this:
33 Year Old Me
P.S.-Be nicer to your little brother. He turns out to be a pretty decent guy.