|image courtesy of kjaggers.com
This week I’m thankful for…
- packages in the mail
- roses cut from a student’s garden
- my little one who wrote me a thank you note that said, “Thank you for peeing a good teacher.” Best teacher appreciation note ever.
- the smell of rain
- my friend, who upon hearing I was so far at the end of my rope that I was tying a knot and hanging on, responded by saying, “And I will mend a net to catch you.” Everyone needs a friend like her.
- fresh apricots
- maxi skirts
- holding hands with The Hubs
- my stepdad, for loving my Ugandan kids
- musical theater with six and seven-year olds
- the smell of campfire smoke in my hair
We’re a rag-tag group of people vigilantly pursuing self-sustaining educational & employment opportunities with and for students and their families living in rural communities in developing countries. We believe in asking hard questions like, “What do you need and how can we help?” We believe that communities know their needs better than we do and that it’s our job to listen. We’re big on being kind for the sake of kindness and we believe that even the smallest acts of kindness can make a big difference. We believe in keeping vigil over one another and watching for opportunities to help, no matter how far off the beaten path those opportunities take us. We’re vigilant in our belief that God has given each person unique gifts and that one of the highest forms of worship is using those gifts to serve others. We believe God has a purpose for each life and Vigilante Kindness is our purpose. Join us as we live out wild adventures in service of God and others. Join us in committing acts of Vigilante Kindness.