This week I’m thankful for…
- crisp clear days when I can make the short drive to school with the top down and the seat warmers on high. 34 degrees out? Pffft! Perfect convertible weather!
- my little one who sang Silent Night to the class. She didn’t quite get all the words right, but frankly “holy infinity so tender and wild” is beautiful and profound
- coffee with good friends
- Christmas music in the morning
- reading The Velveteen Rabbit to my class
- the melted crayon Christmas tree batiks I made with my class and the parent volunteers who made painting with hot waxy cups of melted crayons with 30 first graders doable
- the fact that I did not set the off the smoke detector when ironing the wax out of the batiks-that’s a Festivus miracle right there!