This week I’m thankful for…
- slipping in between nice, fresh sheets
- the great parent volunteers working in my classroom
- writing in bed early Saturday morning
- the parents of a former student who called down the hallway “How’s our favorite teacher doing?” It was the tail end of a long day and hearing that made me smile.
- Jaison, a server at Olive Garden, who made the Never Ending Pasta Bowl true to the name. I had dinner, lunch and dinner again. Plus when I asked if I could box up the teensy bit of leftover salad, he boxed it up and added more salad and garnish. Best service I’ve had in a long time at any restaurant. He really loves his job and it showed.
- walking by the river just in time to see the sunset
- my work-out buddy
- lifting weights until I’m sure my arms are going to fall off
- these beautiful flowers picked from a student’s backyard