This week I’m thankful for…
- bike rides with friends
- my new little one who wrote this in his notebook “I’m thankful for my home.” Makes me wonder if there is a place for Thankful Thursdays in my classroom. Hmmm…
- my little one who wrote this about her mom “She is pretty like white, shiny milk. She is so beautiful, I can’t believe it. It knocks me down how much I love her.” Her mom recently had brain surgery. I’m pretty sure those are the kinds of words that lend speed to recovery.
- the parents of my little ones who took time at our parent teacher conferences to thank me and tell me how much their children love being a part of our class. Those words sink down deep and warm my heart.
- my little girl who told me in a moment of quiet exclaimed “I love math! No, wait-I love reading! No, wait-I love writing!”
- outside recess
- outside recess. I know I mentioned it twice. Trust me, this week I was doubly thankful for it.
- my husband who offered to make me dinner after a particularly rough day
- books that are so good, I can’t put them down. If only I could force myself to stay awake a little longer at night to read them!
- my little one who brought in $10 of her own money to donate to our change drive for the local rescue mission. Her mother, touched her daughter’s generosity, matched it dollar for dollar.
5 thoughts on “Thankful Thursday #16”
This touched my heart this week 🙂 I mean, they do every time, but this week was especially wonderful. Your students sound so special!!
Thanks, Katie. They are a special group of kids, something I needed to remember this week as some of them showed their more challenging side this week.
You really do have a gift in telling a story.
Thank you. Most of the time the stories tell themselves and I just write them down.
I used to mail handwritten letters to parents telling them “how WELL” their child was doing. I sent it out the strategic 1st week of December, so upon returning from winter break I never had a misconduct problem rest of term!