This week I’m thankful for…
- the sound of my husband’s snores paired with the sound of rain on the roof
- my parent volunteers who do thousands of little tasks so that I can focus on teaching my little ones
- Sunday in my pajamas
- quiet afternoons to write
- the fleeting moment when all the laundry is folded and put away and the laundry baskets are empty
- OUTSIDE RECESS!!!
- a collaboration day with my colleagues including lunch at my house and a walk around the neighborhood. I do my best thinking when I’m moving.
- my very patient step-dad who is teaching me so much
- a break in the rain to walk in the Arboretum by the river. I brought my camera along and snapped this shot. I love when the light casts a blue spell spilling from the sky down over the mountains and into the water
2 thoughts on “Thankful Thursday #56”
I just started following your blog and I love your way of looking at things. I especially like your photographs! What kind of camera do you have? Is it a Rebel?
I have just started blogging about my chickens, and I am inspired by writers like you!
ps my sister and I have biked in the netherlands! Karen has dragged me to many bike events over the years!
Hi, Gwen! So glad you stopped by. A blog about chickens?!? This I’ve got to read. Having said that, I should fully disclose that I am terrified of birds, as is well documented here. So we’ve already established that you’re braver than I am. And cooler because you’ve cycled in the Netherlands. My camera is a Canon G12-a good starter camera that is WAY too advanced for my skill level as of right now. But I’m having a blast learning something completely foreign to me. Hope to see you around often, but for now I’m off to your blog to check out your chickens. From a distance. A very safe distance.